Cooking time: 40 mins
- Broccolli- 500gm
- Onion- 1 med
- Garlic- 4 cloves
- Celery Stalk – 2 inch
- Water or stock – 4 cups
- Low fat milk – 1 cup
- almonds – 4-5
- Salt – to taste
- Cut broccolli into small florets and wash well, soak in salted water for 10-15 min and drain.
- Peel and roughly chop onion and garlic, wash and chop celery stalk.
- Dry roast almonds on medium heat till the skin changes colour slightly.Remove from heat. Cool it and slice them.
- Add broccolli and continue to cook without covering the pan. Cook for 5-7 min till broccolli becomes tender.
- Remove from fire, cool and puree it in a blender.
- Add milk to pureed broccolli, mix well. Bring to boil again.
- Add salt and white pepper powder to taste, stir in roasted almonds and serve hot.